Code of Conduct for Referees
- Always remember that the game is for the players. Player safety and fair play come first.
- Study and learn the laws of the Game and understand the "spirit" of the Laws. Help fellow referees do the same.
- Encourage and enforce the Philosophies of "Everyone Plays," "Positive Coaching" and "Good Sportsmanship".
- Respect other referees' decisions and do publicly criticize another official.
- Wear the proper uniform and keep it in good condition.
- Maintain good physical condition so you can keep up with the action.
- Stay calm when confronted with emotional reactions from players, coaches and parents.
- Honor accepted game assignments. In an emergency, find a replacement.
- Support good sportsmanship with a kind word to players, coaches and parents of both teams when deserved.
- Always be fair and impartial, avoiding conflicts of interest. Decisions based on personal bias are dishonest and unacceptable.